A brief introduction

I have always wanted to write a blog but for some reason I have never had the guts to do it. I think that might be due to the fact I have always worried far too much about other people's opinion of me. Now that I am barreling further and further into my 30s I'm finding that I give less a shit about that (and it truly is liberating). Or, it could be due to the fact that I miss the old internet and not this awful, fake news spreading, AI data pilfering, machine. 

It was only after having the itch to write for a long while that I realised that: just because the internet has turned into this mostly negative thing, it doesn't mean I have to. I can carve out a little corner for myself to share little things and hone my writing skills like I have wanted to do for so long. 

So, I should probably introduce myself! 

My name is Hannah and I am a proud Yorkshire Lass. I love reading and knitting (see TikTok, YorkshireLassKnitting) and despite working at a desk for a living I now also want to stare at a computer screen in my spare time to write. 

I would love to use this space to share things I have been making or reading as well as to share thoughts and feelings on a variety of topics with whoever is willing to read. I suspect this will end up looking more like a messy diary then an aesthetic blog but let's be real... life isn't aesthetic and neither am, I so I won't pretend to me. 

Comments